Friday, August 28, 2009

Eternal Life

It's late, and I'm tired. However, I feel compelled to make a brief post. I just heard that Adam Goldstein, otherwise known as Nicole Richie's ex-fiance' DJ AM, was found dead in his New York City apartment earlier today. While authorities aren't calling it a suicide yet, prescription drugs were found in his body or close to his body or something like that.

I'm extremely disturbed by this news. Lump in my throat, heaviness in my chest, disturbed. I didn't know Adam Goldstein. I didn't know anyone who knew Adam Goldstein. Therefore, I cannot and will not judge his mental health, his character, or where he is residing now that he is no longer on this earth.

I will, however, present you with the Biblical perspective on death and let you draw your own conclusions about your own mortality.

Our problem is eternal death.
Romans 3:23- "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God..."
Romans 6:23- "The wages of sin is death..."
Hebrews 9:27- "Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgement."

Our response to God results in eternal life.
John 1:12- "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God."
Romans 10:9-10- "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."
John 5:24- "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

Until tomorrow,
Jennifer Lynn

1 comment:

  1. I love how plainly and clearly you've laid this out. Thank the Lord it's really this simple. Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete