Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Case of the Montuesdays

As predicted, this whole three-day weekend has completely thrown me off-schedule. Therefore, I'm blaming everything I've done or haven't done today on the fact that I keep thinking today is Monday. I'm calling this a case of the Montuesdays.

For instance, I didn't get out of bed until 7:00 this morning. I have to leave for work at 7:25, so I showered, threw my hair in a ponytail and didn't put on any makeup. Nevermind the fact that I (secretly)hate drying my hair and getting ready in the morning. I'm blaming Montuesday.

For breakfast, I ate a hard-boiled egg and drank some coffee. Lunch consisted of cottage cheese, carrots and tuna from a can, and around 3:00 I tried to convince myself that the artificial sweetener in my Diet Coke counted as my afternoon snack. I'm now starving and not looking forward to the chicken and vegetables I'm making for dinner. This has nothing to do with the fact that I've been eating like a pig since the honeymoon and had to end my love affair with sugar and carbs last night after I weighed in at two pounds over my acceptable limit. Nope. My sucky new diet is entirely Montuesday's fault.

Finally, since I was in Santa Cruz and couldn't make my Sunday afternoon grocery run, there is no food in our house. Therefore, I had to go to the market at lunch to get food for Husband and I to eat this week. This, of course, thwarted my lunchtime workout which is not helping take care of those extra l-bs. Not to mention that I am now in a crappy mood because I didn't get my afternoon dose of endorphins, which means I'm gonna have to fight extra hard not to breakdown when I see the bathroom "scunge" referenced in my previous post. Once again, I'm holding Montuesday personally responsible for all of this.

I'm ending this post to start cooking (my bland dinner) and cleaning (the "scunge" I'm pretending not to notice), which I'm not too thrilled about. Why? Because it's Montuesday. Feel free to leave your own Montuesday mournings below.

Until Tomorrow,
Jennifer Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment