Sunday, September 27, 2009

New Music From Old Faves

Short post today. Husband and I threw an impromptu BBQ this evening, and I'm exhausted.

Through the magic of Twitter I found John Mayer's new single as well as a new (partial) song from Dave Barnes. (Yes, I'm doing some tweeting these days. And yes, I realize it's virtually--pun intended--pointless.)

I'm far from a music critic, but Mayer's new song sounds a lot like some of the tracks from his Continuum album, namely Heart of Life. The difference is that the new track, entitled Who Says, is all about "getting stoned"--something Mayer's been an advocate of for quite a while and I myself find to be his most morally repugnant trait. Still, I like the song (mainly because I love him) and I'm giddy with anticipation of his new album being released on November 17.

As for Dave Barnes new song, it's also very similar to his old stuff. However, I started listening to Dave in 2006 and have had his first CD (from 2006) playing continuously in my car stereo for the past month. Songs like "Until You" and "Crazyboutya" never get old! Very glad to hear he's back in the studio again. (If you've never heard of Dave, I highly suggest you check out him and his music: www.davebarnes.com. You can listen to songs from his most recent album on his website.)

Until Tomorrow,
Jennifer Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment