Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fast Flip, Fast Company and Scientific Retweets

I'm so behind the curve on this whole internet thing. People are writing entire books about the power of a viral loop and I'm still trying to figure out how to re-tweet. I've always thought of myself as an intelligent person, but I just can't seem to stay on top of what's going on with the world-wide-web. That being said, I'm also not one to quit something because it's difficult. Furthermore, if I were to give up, it would only be for my own lack of trying, not a dearth of information.

In that vein, I thought I'd share with you guys some of the cool new sites, gadgets, apps and info I've recently discovered. It won't be news to my tech-savvy readers, but for anyone who's also trying to play virtual catch up, you might want to check this stuff out:

I'm always looking for websites that will give me a variety of information on multiple subjects, in one location. I've found that place in Google Fast Flip (http://www.fastflip.googlelabs.com/)--a cornucopia of interesting articles from reputable sources like The New York Times, BBC News, US Weekly (reputable might be a bit of a stretch there) and Elle.

Fast Company.com and Fast Company newsletters. Whether you choose to peruse (cheesy rhyme intended) the website or sign up for one of the site's seven newsletters, you can't lose. but Best of Fast Company and Tech Weekly newsletters are my personal favorites.

Read this article before you download it, but the Viral Loop Facebook widget is pretty sweet. The link to download the widget is at the top of the article.

Speaking of re-tweets (mentioned above), here's an article about Nine Scientifically Proven Ways to Get Retweeted on Twitter.

*Note that most of these articles came from Fast Company, which I discovered as a result of Google Fast Flip. THAT must be why they call it the INTERnet.

I'm sure you're wondering when I became such a geek, and the truth is, I think I always was. Working for an IT website has simply harnessed my inner nerd.

Until Tomorrow,
Jennifer Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment