Monday, September 7, 2009

Organizationally Challenged

Ah, home sweet home! Husband and I are back from Santa Cruz, trying to suck the last moments of relaxation from the weekend. He's playing video games and I'm blogging. (Sidenote: Does anyone else fail to see the point in video games? Particularly racing games. How many times can you turn left without getting dizzy?) As much as I love going out of town, I hate what it does to my routine. Weekend getaways mean starting the work week off behind on laundry, cleaning and other housekeeping items. I'm already feeling guilty about making this blog entry when I should be doing a number of other things.

Typically, this lack of organization results in a mid-week breakdown on my part. One minute I'm felicitously happy, the next minute I see some sort of "scunge" on the bathroom sink and become absolutely hysterical about my inability to keep the house clean. (Please tell me that at least one of you can identify with this.) This week, however, I'm going to try my hardest to spare Husband (who usually takes the brunt of my hysteria) from my Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde persona. I mean, he's never had a meltdown over dirty dishes, so why should I?

I won't lie to you. This means a pretty drastic mental shift on my part. Sadly, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure that I can recall going an entire week since we've been married without feeling the slightest bit inadequate over some chore I failed to accomplish. (It's ok if you can't identify with me on that one. That's a good thing!) Therefore, I am going to issue myself a personal challenge this week; Relax, let it go and stop stressing. (I should probably carry that advice over into other areas of my life as well, but it's best to start small.)

Right now there's suitcases and various other things that need to be unpacked, and I should probably plan our meals for the next six days--but I'm not going to. Instead I'm to go downstairs and see if I can pry Husband from his "race". We've only got an hour till our self imposed 10 p.m. bedtime and I intend to enjoy it!

Until Tomorrow,
Jennifer Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment