Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Why I "Heart" Williams-Sonoma

I hate getting the mail. Not necessarily the physical act of pulling it out of the mailbox--though it would be nice if we still lived in a world where the postman (who you knew by name) brought the mail to your doorstep--but more the things that you receive in the mail: bills, bills, spam mail and more bills.

Today, however, my trip to the mailbox yielded a much better return than I anticipated. Crate & Barrel catalog. JCrew catalog. And the crowning glory of them all: the Williams-Sonoma catalog. Surprised? You thought I'd say JCrew, didn't you? Don't get me wrong, the bright cardis and matchstick cords do put a smile on my face, but there's something about Williams-Sonoma that warms my heart. Just walking in the store from October 1st-December 31st makes me feel festive. So, as soon as I saw the cover of the catalog, my mind thought "FALL" and my fingers flipped through the pages.

This month's catalog channels its inner Julia Child and brings us The Best of France, even printing a recipe for beef bourguignonne. I'll admit, it's a shameless way for the store to piggy-back on the success of the movie Julie & Julia (if you saw the movie, you know what I mean) but nonetheless, I am going to ask for a bright red Le Creuset cocotte and a copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking, for Christmas.

For those of you who don't get the catalog, I'll list a few of the highlights (including the beef bourguignonne recipe) below. Who knows? You might want to ask Santa for a few of these items yourself.

Until Tomorrow,
Jennifer Lynn

Williams-Sonoma Top Five
1.) Slide Frittata Pan
2.) Halloween Pancake Molds
3.) Three Tier Oven Rack
4.) Personalized Recipe and Entertaining Journal
5.) Beef bourguignonne

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more with you on "heart"ing Williams-Sonoma in the Fall! Last year I was introduced to their FANTASTIC hot chocolate that only comes out in the Fall and Winter and then it's gone ALL YEAR... I can't wait to get my paws on a couple jars of it. OH MAN! So amazing!!

    ReplyDelete