Thursday, October 8, 2009

All I Want For Christmas


I love Christmas. Sometime this month, I'll break out my Christmas albums and start singing "Silent Night" on my way to work in the morning. Actually, I'll break out my n'Sync CD and belt "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" at the top of my lungs. (Don't act like you don't have that CD.) I also love Christmas presents--both giving and receiving--so, when I see that retailers are releasing new products and gearing up for fourth quarter shopping, I'm even more stoked about the holiday season. Since I work for an internet company and rapidly find myself becoming a techie, I've been checking out the new gadgets I might want to add to my wish list. You might want to ask Santa for some of them too:

If you're the queen (or king) of self-portraits like me, the Samsung DualViewTL225 is your new best friend. The camera has a 1.5-inch LCD screen on the front, making it easy to see whether or not you're cutting off your significant other's head. Asking price? $349.99

Every time I see my friends pull out their iPhone 3Gs, I turn Kermit-the-Frog green with envy. And as everyone knows, it's not easy being green--especially when you're locked into a two-year service contract with Verizon. However, the Samsung Omnia 2 seems like it might turn my skin back to its original (pale) color. The touch screen smartphone from Verizon comes with eight GB of memory, Windows Mobile, Wi-Fi and a GPS. If you add all those features up, it might be worth the $669.91 price tag (on Amazon.com). Let's hope I'm eligible for an upgrade by December!

I love mini things. (Probably because I'm only five-foot-two myself.) So, it goes without saying that I love the Dell Mini Netbook. I know it doesn't do everything that a true techie would want, but in Dell's own words, it's "perfect for surfing the web, streaming media content, emailing friends and family and blogging about it all." That's pretty much my daily personal computer usage in a nutshell, and it's teeny-tiny size and vibrant colors make it the perfect travel accessory! For a starting price of $199, I'm ordering mine in "promise pink" today!

Not that I want to give Husband one more opportunity to play video games, but I have to say that the Sony PSP Go does look pretty sweet. (Think Nintendo GameBoy on Speed.) Sony even developed the PSP Go Minis store, similar to the iPhone App Store for games. (I wonder if they have Mario Kart??) Unfortunately, the online reviews of the PSP Go say that it's not worth the $250.

If none of these gadgets suit you, check out CNET.com's Fall Tech Preview. There's a ton of toys for every type of techie (Whoa! Tongue twister!) including the coolest looking sedan I've ever seen, the 2010 Porsche Panamera. At $89,800, Santa's sure to drop one down my chimney, right?

Until Tomorrow,
Jennifer Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Haha.. I love it... btw.. Florian worked on the transmission for the Porsche Panamera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That's awesome, Therese!!!

    ReplyDelete