Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Lump of Kohls


The last time I visited a Kohls, was about two years ago when I was still living in North Carolina. I remember being disappointed in the selection and thinking that the quality of their clothing was pretty poor. Since that last trip, the store has added clothing lines from Vera Wang, Lauren Conrad and Elle Magazine. Therefore, I walked into the newly opened Kohls in my area this past weekend with high hopes of finding fashion-for-less.

Unfortunately, my shopping trip left me with a less-than-favorable impression of the retailer, once again. Much like I remembered, the racks were filled with cotton-rayon-nylon blends that you just know will shrink or become pilled after one wash. The oversized sweaters (which the store had an abundance of) looked cheap as did pretty much everything in the Junior's department--and seriously, who calls it a Junior's department anymore? I feel immature just saying that I shop in that section! (FYI- The picture at the top was the "hottest" find in the Junior's section. Did you know there's such a thing as ruched python leggings??)

Even the "designer" labels were disappointing. Vera Wang's Simply Vera line was simply awful; and both Lauren Conrad's and Elle's clothing lines were unoriginal at best--something I'd expect from LC, but not from one of the largest fashion magazines in the world.

I did manage to find a few items in the shoe department worth sharing with you guys (posted below), but even they aren't worth paying full price for. Personally, I doubt I'll be making a return trip any time soon.

Until Tomorrow,
Jennifer Lynn

Shoes worth noting:
1. Dana Buchman Purple Alexandria Pumps
2. Simply Vera Margarit Platforms
3. Elle Gisela Dress Heels

1 comment:

  1. Why can't they just put in a Nordstrom and a Target and call it a day. None of this Gottshocks/Kohls junk!

    ReplyDelete